Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweet Things Kids Say

In our family, time in the car ends up being question and answer time or time for deeper discussions than we usually have. Especially between me (the driver) and whoever is sitting in the front seat. Yes, I know, the back seat is the safest place for children under the age of twelve but we have 6 children in that age range and 5 back seats. So they rotate who gets to sit in the least safe seat. If God doesn't want us in an accident then all seats will be equally safe, right?!

As I was saying, deeper discussions. Far too often it's on spiritually related matters and to be honest, I'm just not qualified to answer half the questions they come up with. Well, this week we were heading somewhere and Little Chef was riding up front with me and started asking me about the new bodies that we'll get when we're in heaven. He asked if they'd look the same, he asked if our skin would be the same color (rubbing my arm as he asked), he asked if people would have, um, certain body parts (try responding to that in ANY form or fashion with a straight face), the list goes on. To these questions I'm saying "Hmm, I don't really know. We'll see!" Finally he asked if we'll have the same faces. Without much of a pause he said "I hope so. I hope YOU do. I like your face." Awww. My little sweet boy! You just gotta love 'em!


No comments: