Friday, December 5, 2008

Making Clay Christmas Ornaments


Several years and several children ago, a family member gave us this Christmas ornament. It had names across the stockings or hats and our family name and year on the heart there on the left (removed for privacy). Oh, look! Little bear on the left has lost an eye!

Well, two years ago I decided it would be nice to have some matching bears for the rest of our family (since little people always ask where they are). I looked up a recipe for dough that you bake on the internet and took a shot at it. I only made one at the time. I painted it with some paints I had on hand. The white paint I used on the hat was old and ended up peeling so i think I'll redo that, but here's how the bear turned out. Since I have a sick kid today and we won't be doing much, I think we'll look up a recipe again and try to do two more. I'll let you know how it turned out!


No comments: